Monday, July 11, 2011

Brief Introduction

Seeing as how nearly everyone from the Spike's Deadliest Warrior community has created their own blogs to address their own matchups, it only seems proper that I do it as well.  You can call me Rikun, and I'm just one of many who dreams and looks up all the possible matchups that Spike's cult TV show may have missed entirely or, according to some, have done wrong.  What matchups will I do?  What matchups SHOULD I do?  As of now I'm not entirely sure, but everyone has to start somewhere.

So in the spirit of Deadliest Warrior's classic system of sizing up the competition, I'll be doing a test run of how this sim will work.  I'll present to you what I know about the sides as well as the weapons that each side would have likely used.  From there, based on user response and feedback, I'll be able to collect more information before I start up the sim, taking into account the advantages and disadvantages that each side would bring to the table.  Once that's done, I'll run the sim and we'll see which side will come out on top!

Here are the battles that I'll propose for now.  If you have any suggestions or if you'd like to voice your thoughts on some of them, this is what this post will be for.  Please, any suggestions or comments, even if you need to correct me, are perfectly fine!

Proposed Matchups as of Now, in no particular order:

The Untouchables vs. The Gestapo
Les Apaches vs. Highbinder Tongs
Wyatt Earp vs. Ned Kelly
Bonnie and Clyde (Barrow Gang) vs. Lampiao (Cangacieros)
Bill the Butcher vs. Wong Fei Hung
Hells Angels vs. Crips
French Resistance vs. Polish Underground
Chinese Boxers vs. Katipuneros

As you can see for now, these matchups are gonna have a lot of firepower.  Hope you're all ready for this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm looking forward to the fight with Bill the Butcher :D Few men are as scary as that dude.

    But all your matches are great, especially the Polish Underground vs the French resistance.

    I'm going to love this :D

    Ta

    Master of the Boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm a relatively new blogger on this site, but so far, these are pretty good fights so far.

    Wyatt Earp vs Ned Kelly sounds great: Two criminals who were also heroes.

    Bill the Butcher vs Wong Fei Hung sounds epic also. Bare Knuckles vs Martial Arts!

    I'm sticking close to this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete